Parents and Grandparents Super Visa was launched on December 01, 2011, by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Now parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. Your parents may be eligible to apply and obtain the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa – which is valid for up to 10 years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.
The applicant cannot include his or her dependent children in the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to accompany you under this provision.
- Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things that could be considered are:
- The person’s ties to the home country.
- The purpose of the visit.
- The person’s family and financial situation.
- The overall economic and political stability of the home country.
- An invitation from a Canadian host.